Monday, 20 November 2006

Do you want to change?

Everybody wants certain part of their lives to be different. Many have said, “I want to change, but I can’t”. I honestly believe that these people are very serious in saying that, and have tried very hard. I am sure there are areas in your life where you have wanted to change but cannot; there are certainly plenty in mine. Conside:

'...AS THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD WORKS WITHIN US, WE BECOME MORE AND MORE LIKE HIM.' 2 CORINTHIANS 3:18 TLB

Did you hear about the frog that fell into a big hole and couldn't get out? Several of his friends tried to help but finally gave up. 'Since you're going to be in there for a while' they said, 'we'll go and get some food.' But no sooner had they left than the frog came hopping up behind them. 'We thought you couldn't get out’ they exclaimed. 'Oh, I couldn't,' he replied, 'but suddenly there was a big truck coming right at me - and I discovered I could.'

Usually it's only when we're forced to change that we discover we can. That's because we're more comfortable with old problems than new and untried solutions. If you believe nothing can ever be done for the first time, you'll never see anything done-and nothing will change.

There are three times in our lives when we're most receptive to change:
1. When our pain levels get so high we're forced to
2. When we accept the fact that what we're doing no longer works
3. When we realise that by God's grace we can change.

Nothing sparks the fires of faith more than the sudden realisation that 'I don't have to stay this way anymore.' And you don't! Stand on these two Scriptures:

Acts 20:32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. Or ...God'[s]. .gracious Word can make you into what He wants you to be and give you everything you could possibly need...' (Acts 20:32 TM). '...

2Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. Or, as the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like Him' (2 Corinthians 3:18 TLB).

So, do you want to change? I know it is easier said than done, but don’t give up, or let go, because you will eventually. More will be given in this topic later.


No comments:

Post a Comment